You want to be your kid's Go-to Person but need to some more info on how to talk to kids about sex? Click here to bring you to the PPFA website where there are tons of info about this topic with age specific information. Also, our guest speaker, Deborah Roffman's books (Talk to Me First) as well as other book written for children such as It's Not the Stork, The Boy's Body Book, The Girl's Body Book, It's So Amazing are available on Amazon. Need a little bit of review yourself? Try Our Bodies, Ourselves.
We have gathered some documents that are helpful tool from producers of Race to Nowhere. Please click on the titles to download them.
*If Homework Isn’t Helpful, What Is?
Family meals. According to a study conducted by Columbia University, when compared to teens who have five to seven family dinners per week, those who have fewer than three meals per week are one and a half times more likely to report getting mostly C’s or lower grades in school.
Reading. Several studies suggest reading for pleasure is a better predictor of test scores than quantity of homework, yet a 2006 Scholastic/Yankelovich study found that reading for pleasure declines sharply after age eight. The number one reason: too much homework.
Schools can eliminate or reduce homework. The following schools are among those that have eliminated homework or limited homework to afterschool reading: *Refer to our website for more schools that have addressed homework. Bloomfield Middle School, Bloomfield, MO; Grant Elementary School, Glenrock, WY; Helendale Elementary and Middle Schools, Helendale, CA; VanDamme Academy K-8, Aliso Viejo, CA; Nottingham East Academy, Nottingham,UK; Oak Knoll Elementary School, Menlo Park, CA; Tiffin Boys’ School in Kingston, London, UK --- and we know that our neighbor Gaithersburg Elementary School did!
Click to download the document in Spanish or Chinese.
There are many ways to keep informed of all things Beall:
1. Principal Newsletter goes out every two week in backpack mail. Beall PTA Dragon Datelines Newsletter comes out once a month starting in September.
2. The daily updated www.BeallPTA.org has a ton of information: Fridge Notes Calendar, after school activities registration info and schedule, membership signup, events info, etc. The school’s website also has a calendar, teachers’ contacts, suggested links for students, etc
3. Look at the bulletin boards inside the school's front doors or outside by the gym door next to the Walker Exit.
4. Email blasts from through www.BeallPTA.org when you join the PTA as member or sign up as a supporter on the site. This is one-way communication but instantaneous. You will get urgent messages in a timely manner through here. Unsubscribe by clicking at the removal message at the bottom of the email or log into your account.
5. “Like” Beall PTA on facebook. There are moderators for this page and it is open for posting and comments by those who "like" it. Postings will show up in your mailbox and/or on your wall depending on who is posting the message and your personal settings. Unsubscribe by "unlike" the page.
6. Subscribe (or unsubscribe) to the Beall PTA Yahoo!Group Listserv by going to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Beall_ES_PTA/. This is a moderated but open forum meaning that anyone can post and reply. We ask that you do so respectfully, identify yourself and do not post commercial messages. When you subscribe and receive an email confirmation, click reply if you do no have a yahoo email account. (Do NOT click on the link embedded in the message.)
The three electronic modes do overlap in messages so decide which one works best for you and unsubscribe to the other ones.
Download a pdf here of how to help raise funds for Beall through your everyday shopping whether at a supermarket or online!
Click here for Chinese 轻轻松松为学校募集资金.
Haga clic aquí para el español.
Our Painless Fundraiser Coordinator is Sunny Hedgecock [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Click here for the list of Box Top for Education info. Click here for the Labels for Education info. Beall can earn free money for our school just by clipping box tops off of participating products and sending them in with your child! There is a box in the office designated for box tops and labels. You can drop them off at any time. However, in January, we will have a contest to see which class can submit the most box tops, so start clipping!
If you have any questions about Box Tops, please email our Box Top Coordinator Rob Ritter<email@example.com> .
Welcome to Beall Elementary! Please download this document which explains requirements for after school vendors who are sponsored by Beall PTA. Additionally, it is generally expected that if you are using a PTA coordinator to help do business, that you provide the coordinator's family with a discount or one complimentary registration fee. Thank you.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!!! Please download this volunteer form for events, welcoming new family, translator, gardening and turn return it in backpack mail. Click on the language that you want: Chinese, Korean, Russsian, Spanish and English.
Click here to download the schedule for 2011-2012 GCC's closings.