Click here for the flyer in English, Chinese and Spanish.
As Beall PTA wants to focus on increasing people-power at recess time, we would like to invite our community members to volunteer at recess and win prizes!!! We will pick TWO winners at the end of every other month (October, December, February, April and June) for a $50 gift card each. The more you volunteer, the more chance you will win a prize!
To enter in the contest, you must complete the following:
1. Decide which times you can come in. Look at this list for current time slots by grades.
2. On the day that you want to volunteer, sign in at the front office.
3. Go throw a ball, jump rope, play Simon Says, start a kick ball game or just walk around and smile!
Click read more to see the rest of article.
4. At the end of your shift, sign out at the main office. You will be given one entry ticket per shift (i.e. 1 shift = 1 lunch period or 1 recess period). Put your name and number on the back of the ticket and deposit your entry ticket into our entry box.
5. If you win, unless told otherwise, your name and the name of your children will be announced on WBEL at school. We will also announce your name on www.BeallPTA.org (and other PTA communication methods).
6. Any member of the community (dads, moms, grandparents, teachers, etc.) is allowed to volunteer. However, the volunteer must provide a name and his/her driver's license to be inputted into the school's computer to be checked against the state's sex offender database.
7. You must abide by the MCPS code of conduct: As a volunteer working in Montgomery County Public Schools, you agree to:
- Complete the Montgomery County Public School's mandatory online training to identify child abuse and neglect which may be found here prior to volunteering. Please turn in your certificate of completion to the school administrative staff where it will be kept on file.
- Follow all school rules and Board of Education policies and regulations that are applicable.
- Honor the commitment to volunteer as scheduled.
- Sign in and out in the school’s main office.
- Keep school and student information confidential.
8. Students are taught to DEBUG, you should learn it too! Procedures, policies and helpful tips are available at http://www.beallpta.org/volunteer_in_school
Thank you for volunteering! The kids will love you for it!