We have gathered some documents that are helpful tool from producers of Race to Nowhere. Please click on the titles to download them.
- You End the Race - post screening discussion.
- Homework: You Can Make a Difference See except below*
- Jumping Out of the Rat Race
- Sleep Toolkit
- Time Management Activity for Students
- Healthy Homework Advocacy Toolkit
*If Homework Isn’t Helpful, What Is?
- Family meals. According to a study conducted by Columbia University, when compared to teens who have five to seven family dinners per week, those who have fewer than three meals per week are one and a half times more likely to report getting mostly C’s or lower grades in school.
- Reading. Several studies suggest reading for pleasure is a better predictor of test scores than quantity of homework, yet a 2006 Scholastic/Yankelovich study found that reading for pleasure declines sharply after age eight. The number one reason: too much homework.
- Schools can eliminate or reduce homework. The following schools are among those that have eliminated homework or limited homework to afterschool reading: *Refer to our website for more schools that have addressed homework. Bloomfield Middle School, Bloomfield, MO; Grant Elementary School, Glenrock, WY; Helendale Elementary and Middle Schools, Helendale, CA; VanDamme Academy K-8, Aliso Viejo, CA; Nottingham East Academy, Nottingham,UK; Oak Knoll Elementary School, Menlo Park, CA; Tiffin Boys’ School in Kingston, London, UK --- and we know that our neighbor Gaithersburg Elementary School did!
Do you like this post?