Mark your calendars for March Madness on March 20th, 2013, as we are coming upon that time of year again when Beall's staff and parents start to lace up their sneakers, pump up the basketballs and take an extra stretch to get ready to get out on the basketball court for our always FUN community building, the 5th Annual Staff v. Parents Basketball Game!!! As in years past, this event will also include other performances to display our Beall student’s talents, including fabulous performances from Beall’s Chorus, Dance clubs and others. Tickets will be available for pre-ordering via backpack mail in February. Stay tuned!
We already have had a few volunteers offer to assist in the planning and running of this event which is always much appreciated. We will be actively recruiting additional volunteers to assist with the event during the month January. We will need help with pre-planning and event day activities. Feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org now if you want to throw your hat in the ring now to volunteer and ensure its great success.
For those who are interested in participating as a player on the Parent’s team (both women and men), please fill out your name & email below. Put your child or children's grades in the "Comment" section. Then finish by clicking the "RSVP" button below. You will receive a confirmation email from Beall PTA. We'll get back to you with the final selection in February. Every year this event is very popular and due to the large number of parents (men) that desire to participate in the game, we have organized a "March Madness Selection Committee" to help to determine this year’s parent team roster. In order to keep the parent team to a manageable group and to ensure a reasonable amount of time for each player, the Parents team will be limited to 12 men and 8 women. The March Madness Selection Committee is going to take into consideration the following in composing a parent’s team:
- VOLUNTEERISM in Beall PTA (whether by you or your better half). This may include working at events or helping with administrative work (taking into account both past and current volunteering time up through the date when the team will be chosen) or helping at Beall ES (in classroom or in main office, etc.). With that in mind, the Science Expo is great event coming up that need additional volunteers on January 29. Please look at http://www.beallpta.org/beallsciexpo/science_expo.
- DIVERSITY (grades of children, race, ethnicity of player, etc.)
- NEW FACES (looking to add new faces, so if you have played more than once already over the last 2 or 3 years, chances are you may not be chosen depending on demand)
- Your family must be a PTA member for this current school year. (Not sure? Email us.)
- ATTEND PRACTICE dates of March 14 and 19 in the evening at Beall's gym.
Again, it's going to be a fun community event so mark your calendar, don’t miss it and look more details coming your way! If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Thank you!
250 Richard Montgomery Dr
Rockville, MD 20852
Google map and directions